Seasonal Stay Rules
2023 Seasonal Camper Rules
In an effort to provide our campers with a safe and enjoyable stay at Ontario Shores, we have instituted these rules. They are not meant to be restrictive but will ensure that everyone has a pleasant camping experience. Please remember if in doubt with anything, check with the office.
Only one family is allowed per campsite. A family is defined as 2 adults and their unmarried children, 25 and under, who are still living at home. There may be circumstances that do not fit this precise definition and the management will work with anyone on a case-by-case basis to resolve special situations.
- Max of 2 vehicles per site. Parking on empty lots or neighbors’ lots at any time is not allowed.
- Site holders assume the responsibility for the maintenance and upkeep of their personal property as well as any damage not resulting from acts or omissions of Ontario Shores Management.
- Please be respectful of your neighbors and observe quiet hours from 11 pm to 8 am. No operating of lawn maintenance equipment before 9 am.
- No walking through, driving, or parking on someone else’s site. Please use the road or parking lot.
- Boats and recreational trailers are not to be parked on site. Please park in designated areas.
- No boats, canoes, fishing, or swimming are allowed in the pond.
- Children of any age are not permitted to use their family campsite when the lessee is absent.
- Each site will be given 2 gate cards that only the lessee and family on the lease will be allowed to use. Each card will require a $5 cash deposit at the beginning of the season that can be refunded, at the season’s end, if the card is returned. Any cards not returned from the last year will be reactivated when the site is fully paid. Each vehicle that has a card is required to also have a sticker on its windshield. If you are a 3-vehicle household, have a sticker placed on the 2 vehicles that are most often in the park. A hang tag and code will be given to all children not using their parents’ vehicle.
- Gate cards will not be activated, and electricity will not be turned on until the seasonal site fee is paid in full.
- Management reserves the right to evict, without prior notice, anyone who fails to obey posted signs, these rules, or who, in our opinion, is creating a disturbance or being a nuisance. NO REFUNDS.
- Any credit card transactions that are applied to a seasonal site account are subject to a 4% convenience fee. There is no fee for cash, check, or money order transactions.
- If there is an emergency, please call us right after you call 911.
Site maintenance will be the responsibility of the seasonal site holder. Management reserves the right (and at its sole discretion) to maintain unsightly or overgrown campsites, to remedy potential hazards or defects, and to charge the seasonal site holder a suitable fee. Lawns may be mowed and trimmed by management for a fee.
- Check with the office before you dig or drive stakes, cut tree limbs, add any items, or alter the site in any way.
- Your water needs to be turned off when you leave the park for an extended period of time.
- No disposing of feminine products or paper towels into the sewer system. Only septic-friendly toilet paper.
- No structures will be placed closer than 2ft from the site lot line (gazebos, fireplaces, sheds, etc.).
- After park inspection, management reserves the right to ask lessees to remove, fix, or repair anything that does not follow park rules or is deemed not in the best interest of the campground. Lessees will be given an appropriate time to comply with the verbal or written request.
- Outside refrigerators or freezers of any size are not allowed.
- Concrete pads and additions are to be installed by management.
- Renting or subleasing of RV or site is not allowed. We are renting the space to you.
- Fences of any kind are not allowed.
- Leaves need to be bagged and left by side of the road to be picked up.
- Due to privacy issues security cameras, in an RV or anywhere on a site, can only be pointed 5 feet in front of the RV door. No cameras can be pointing in any other direction or area.
- Clotheslines are not permitted (portable drying racks are acceptable).
- RV washing is limited to 2 times per season, and not on holiday weekends.
- One detached store-bought screen room/gazebo per site. (12 x 12 max) Needs placement approval.
- One store-bought grill gazebo per site. (5 x 8 max.)
- You are required to post your site number, so it is visible from the front of your site, for 911 purposes.
- Patios and platforms must be made of weather-resistant materials (brick or treated lumber). Pallets or flake-board are not allowed. Office approval is required. All concrete patios are to be installed by Ontario Shores. Unsightly or potentially dangerous structures will be designated for removal or repair. New or used wooden structures of any kind are not allowed. Existing structures cannot be moved, altered, added to, or enclosed. All patio covers and 3 season rooms have to be purchased by Ontario Shores and need to be installed by Ontario Shores or an authorized contractor. Please contact the office if you want to make any alterations on or to your site.
- RV skirting – only materials allowed are vinyl lattice or manufactured RV skirting. No wood, blocks, bricks, etc.
- Storage sheds will be metal or heavy-duty plastic, no larger than 50sq. ft. in the floor plan. One shed is allowed per site and needs to be on a pressure-treated wood base. Shed placement is to be approved by management.
- Tents – allowed on site with management permission. (Small 2-man tent for children). Tents are to be taken down when the seasonal camper is not present.
- Fireworks & paper lanterns are not allowed to be lit or set off in the campground. (Too dangerous).
- The feeding of wildlife other than birds with birdfeeders is prohibited.
- Swimming, fishing, and boating are not allowed in ponds.
- Parents and guardians are responsible for the actions of their children.
- Children who do not follow the rules or who, in the opinion of management, are a bad influence on other children will be banned from all common recreation areas in the park and face possible eviction.
- Every child under 9 years of age must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Playground hours: 9 am till dusk
- Children of any age are not permitted to use their family campsite when the lessee is absent.
- Bicycles, hover boards, and or non-motorized scooters are not allowed to be operated after dark.
- Operating a bicycle in an unsafe manner is not allowed.
- Curfew is 10 pm, all children are to be on a site and accompanied by an adult.
- All visitors must register at the office before they enter the park. All guests are required to have a car pass.
- 10 free guest passes will be given upon full payment of rent. Each pass will admit 1 vehicle for 1 day (9 am-9 pm) or 1 overnight guest.
- There is a maximum of 4 adult overnight guests per site per night that must stay in your RV.
- Notify the office in advance if you plan on having a guest after office hours or a delivery anytime.
- There will be charges for all guests on major holiday weekends-no guest passes allowed.
- Seasonal campers will be held totally responsible for the actions of their guests.
- Visitors may NOT bring pets into the campground.
- Visitors will not be allowed into the park when the seasonal camper is not in residence.
- Visitor fees: $4.00 a day and $6.00 a night per adult. (Children from infant to 18 are free).
- Campground speed is 5mph
- Unlicensed drivers are not permitted to operate any motor vehicle on the property.
- No joyriding in the park. Joyriding is defined as any trip other than to and from your site. Violators will be removed from the park.
- Use of non-licensed motorized vehicles on the property is strictly prohibited (i.e. mini-bikes, golf carts, riding lawnmowers, mopeds, etc.).
- Vehicles with noisy exhaust systems will not be allowed in the park.
- Motorbikes please drive to and from the campsite only.
- Mopeds/scooters must be licensed for the road and operated by a licensed driver and must operate quietly.
- No drones allowed in or above the property.
- We welcome pets at our park; however, there is a limit of 2 dogs per site.
- Do not leave your pet unattended at your campsite.
- Dogs MUST always be on a leash.
- You must clean up after your pet.
- Rabies records must be up to date and on file at the office.
- No loud barking or unruly behavior will be tolerated.
- Remember visitors cannot have pets.
- Management reserves the right to remove or ban any pet from the park at its discretion.
Refuse & Recyclables
- Bring all garbage & recyclables to dumpsters
- Please observe the posted rules.
- Please no plastic bags in recycling bins.
- Bag all leaves and place them by the road in front of your site.
- Ashes are not to be put in dumpsters. Please place cooled ashes in a bag by the front of your site and notify the office so we can pick them up.
- All fires must be in fireplaces (store-bought, or ring & garden stone preferred).
- No cooking oil, gas, diesel, or any other accelerants. Only use store-bought fire starters (lighter fluid, etc.)
- Do not dump any waste into the fireplace.
- Fireplaces and their placement need to be approved by management.
- All wood is to be neatly stacked.
- No burning of pallets, furniture, or plastics.
- Glass bottles and campfires are not allowed on the beach.
- Absolutely no burning of garbage, furniture, leaves, or plastic.
Beach and Pool
A lifeguard or other responsible person does not supervise the swimming facilities at Ontario Shores RV Park. In place of on-site supervision, this facility has established a series of safeguards to be followed by all guests. Please read the safety rules outlined below and located at the entrance of the facility. If you have any questions, we will be happy to discuss them with you.
We are required to notify you of these rules, to ensure that water rescue equipment is at the pool or beachside and that the swimming area is maintained in a sanitary manner. If you notice any problem with the water quality or the absence of water rescue equipment, please notify us at once. Safety is a joint responsibility. Your safety is important to us.
Pool and Beach rules are posted and will be strictly enforced.
SWIMMING SAFETY RULES
- Never swim alone; a minimum of 2 adults 18 years of age or older, must be present whenever the swimming facilities are in use, with at least one adult on the pool deck or beachfront.
- There is no substitute for adequate supervision. Children under 16 years of age MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Children are not to be within the pool fence without an adult at their side.
- Non-swimmers are not allowed past the rope in the pool, regardless of whether they are wearing a swimming device or under adult supervision.
- No glass in the pool area.
- No drinking alcohol while on side of or in the pool.
- No pets are allowed inside the pool enclosure.
- Only registered guests may use the swimming facilities.
- No toys in the pool; lifejackets, swim arm bands, and baby safety rings are allowed.
- In an emergency, notify the facility operator and contact help immediately. A free phone is located in the office; dial 911.
- Only use this facility during posted hours of operation.
- Absolutely no running, pushing, diving, or horseplay in the pool area.
- Management has the right to remove anyone from the pool area not following rules or disturbing other bathers.
- Propane for primary tanks can be purchased at the park office.
- All secondary propane tanks need to be purchased through Glider Oil Co. Inc. Please contact the office before setting up an account with Glider due to the scheduling and placement of the tank.
- If your RV is removed in the winter, a secondary tank will not be allowed by Glider Oil or our management.
- Each site has its own electric meter.
- A $100 electric security deposit is required for any new customers.
- Meters will be read, and you will be billed 3 times during the season. Due 7/4, 9/5, 11/1.
- There is a $15.00 minimum charge for each billing period.
- Bills must be paid within 30 days of billing or the service will be terminated.
- For your convenience, a deposit may be left with the office for automatic payment.
No Open-Air Policy
- As owners of the Ontario Shores RV Park property, we enforce what we call the no open-air policy. The smoking of Marijuana is not allowed in or around our public facilities including the pool, beach, playgrounds, basketball courts, pavilion, activity field, rec. hall, garden, laundry, bathrooms, and rentals. What you do in your RV is your business. We are a family campground, we don’t want it to be seen. No marijuana paraphernalia is to be visible to the public.
Sale or Transfer
- No “For Sale” signs are allowed on site except in the RV window.
- The sale or transfer of an RV does not include the site unless the lessee has prior permission from the management. All transactions for the sale of the RV on the site must be done at the office with the management present; otherwise, the RV will not be allowed to stay in the park. Lessee will be required to pay a 5% Transfer Fee to management based upon the sale price of the RV if it is sold on-site.
- RVs older than 15 years will not be allowed in or transferred from a seasonal site or to a new owner. (Older than 2007)
- When purchasing a new RV contact the office first. It is necessary to make sure the site accommodates the RV and delivery is set up with the office.
- 12’ wide park models (peaked roof and vinyl siding) 15 years or older that are in the park may not be sold on-site or transferred to another site without management approval.
- No site refunds will be given during the camping season.
Deposits & End of Season Removal
- Seasonal campers not returning the following year must have the RV, all additions, and personal property removed from the premises by October 16, 2023. If not, and management has to remove and clean the site, the Lessee will be responsible for all expenses incurred. Management also has the right to remove your RV from the site and charge a daily storage fee.
- If you are returning for the 2024 season, a $450 deposit and signed lease are required by September 18, 2023; otherwise, it will be assumed that your site is available to rent to another customer. The deposit is subtracted from your site fee.
- Refunds of the deposit minus $250 will only be given if management is notified that you are not returning before January 1st, 202,3 and if your RV is removed from the property by April 30, 2023.
- New Seasonals during the season are to pay a $250 deposit towards the site fee + Electric security deposit ($100), the balance is then due within 2 weeks.
As time passes rules are subject to be added, deleted, and modified.
Please check with the office throughout the season for the most updated copy.